Welcome to Ulmatec Baro (formerly Baro Mek. Verksted) and our range of products for offshore use.
Since establishment in 1981, Ulmatec Baro have been an active partner for our clients. Our location, with the harsh North Sea as our closest neighbour, makes us very aware of the power of nature. This, combined with a maritime cluster surrounding us, a close working-partnership with our clients and a number of very skilled employees, have made it possible to develop a wide range of specialized offshore products, particularly for marine seismic aquisition.
Some of our achievements:
- The leading position in development of marine seismic diverters.
- The term Barovane has become a commonly used terminology for diverters!
- First (and only) supplier of multifoil ‘vanes with Lift/Drag ratio of more than 6:1.
- Rigid, self-spreading source floats with steering system.
- Seismic source handling system minimizing damages to equipment.
- Flexible float-system with light-reflective bodies.
- Introducing Duplex steel and Composite as materials for seismic wide-tow configurations.
We are proud to be a chosen supplier for clients with extreemely high demands, and Baro equipment are in daily use all over the seven seas. So far our ‘vanes are being used in seismic surveys containing up to 18 long streamer cables – and we do not plan to stop at only 18. Nobody have ever towed more streamers or have achieved higher separation than what is accomplished by the use of Barovanes.
Follow us on LinkedIn